Convening, Connecting, Inspiring
Strategic program and event partners will help drive our work to address climate change, spur economic development and alleviate poverty.
- Monday, December 11, 2017 at 09:00 AM – December 13, 2017
- Bolsa de Cereales in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The biennial Trade and Sustainable Development Symposium organised by the International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD) and held alongside the WTO ministerial conference for over a decade, is the leading multi-stakeholder platform for intellectual enquiry and dialogue on sustainable development and the global trade investment system. The event acts as an inclusive platform outside of the WTO negotiating setting for sharing ideas, engaging in dialogue, and influencing trade policy negotiations.
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 02:00 PM
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss recent trends with regard to anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures in the principal solar markets-such as the US, EU, China and India and how this has been shaping solar-PV supply chains. It will also explore specific options that could be pursued within the trading system to discipline trade remedy measures so as to bring about a degree of certainty and predictability for solar PV manufacturers while also addressing questions on fair competition in solar manufacturing.Key Discussion Points :
- What are the recent developments with regard to the use of anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures on solar PV products and how have they been shaping solar PV supply-chains?
- How can concerns on fair competition in the solar PV industry be reconciled with the need to ensure low equipment prices for the scale-up of solar PV installations?
- How can the use of trade remedy measures be better disciplined through various measures including reform of trade-rules?
The 13th annual SolarPower Summit is recognised throughout the solar sector as the most important event on the development of global solar markets.It is a unique opportunity to discuss policy, business and technology changes and learn more about market trends, identify business opportunities and network with leading sector analysts, experts and key industry stakeholders.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 09:00 AM – March 16, 2018
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 12:00 PM
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss the economic impact of local content requirements along the solar PV value chain both in terms of costs as well as development policy tradeoffs in host countries.Key Discussion Points:
- What are the economic development tradeoffs and costs to local content requirements - in a world with competitive global value chains?
- Local content requirements are not permitted for WTO Member countries, yet many countries maintain these requirements without challenge - are there any contexts in which local content requirements have a positive market impact?
- Services provide the vast majority (75%) of economic value added in the global solar value chain - yet goods are the focus of trade conflict. What is the role of "natural" local content in solar systems development in driving sustainable economic development locally?
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 09:00 AM – March 29, 2018
- The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa
The Solar Show Africa 2018 guarantees meetings with African energy utilities and IPPs, and features an exhibition, conference and networking opportunities. The Africa Boardroom service has pre-selected 40 of the top African buyers in the energy space to get face to face time with a decision maker to get exclusive insights into projects and influence policy.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 09:00 AM – March 30, 2018
SEIA's Codes & Standards Symposium is specifically designed by and for solar codes & standards professionals and their colleagues in research, design and marketing. This symposium will cover the most up-to-date, impactful issues that have the potential to drive further expansion of solar as well as those issues that have the potential to constrain solar growth and how to best address those challenges.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 09:00 AM – April 12, 2018
- Sydney International Convention Centre in Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 02:00 PM
The objective of this webinar will be to present the co-benefits of a trade deal on environmental goods including tariff cuts in solar-PV goods and how this could be brought to the attention of policy makers by the solar industry.Key Discussion Points:
- How can cuts in import tariffs positively benefit the solar PV value chain and enable cost-reduction for solar PV projects?
- How can import tariff-cuts on solar PV equipment benefit the consumer as well as enable the creation of green-jobs in the solar industry both upstream in manufacturing as well as downstream in services.
- How can the solar industry better convey the message of positive benefits from trade liberalization to policy makers in their respective countries of origin and operation?
- Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 09:00 AM – May 30, 2018
- Shanghai New International Expo Centre in Shanghai , China
SNEC PV POWER EXPO 2018 is a 3 day Conference and Exhibition featuring numerous opportunities among which the SNEC Scientific Conference, Global PV Financial Summit, Industry Workshop on Global PV Market and several interesting side events.
- Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 02:00 PM