Felicia Mester published Co-Benefits of the EGA for Domestic Green Jobs and Consumer Purchasing Power in Webcasts 2017-11-14 14:47:51 +0100
The objective of this webinar will be to present the co-benefits of a trade deal on environmental goods including tariff cuts in solar-PV goods and how this could be brought to the attention of policy makers by the solar industry.Key Discussion Points:
WHENApril 18, 2018 at 2pm
- How can cuts in import tariffs positively benefit the solar PV value chain and enable cost-reduction for solar PV projects?
- How can import tariff-cuts on solar PV equipment benefit the consumer as well as enable the creation of green-jobs in the solar industry both upstream in manufacturing as well as downstream in services.
- How can the solar industry better convey the message of positive benefits from trade liberalization to policy makers in their respective countries of origin and operation?
Felicia Mester published Economic Impact of Local Content Requirements for Solar Value Chain in Webcasts 2017-11-14 14:47:33 +0100
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss the economic impact of local content requirements along the solar PV value chain both in terms of costs as well as development policy tradeoffs in host countries.Key Discussion Points:
WHENMarch 14, 2018 at 12pm
- What are the economic development tradeoffs and costs to local content requirements - in a world with competitive global value chains?
- Local content requirements are not permitted for WTO Member countries, yet many countries maintain these requirements without challenge - are there any contexts in which local content requirements have a positive market impact?
- Services provide the vast majority (75%) of economic value added in the global solar value chain - yet goods are the focus of trade conflict. What is the role of "natural" local content in solar systems development in driving sustainable economic development locally?
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss recent trends with regard to anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures in the principal solar markets-such as the US, EU, China and India and how this has been shaping solar-PV supply chains. It will also explore specific options that could be pursued within the trading system to discipline trade remedy measures so as to bring about a degree of certainty and predictability for solar PV manufacturers while also addressing questions on fair competition in solar manufacturing.Key Discussion Points :
WHENJanuary 25, 2018 at 2pm
- What are the recent developments with regard to the use of anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures on solar PV products and how have they been shaping solar PV supply-chains?
- How can concerns on fair competition in the solar PV industry be reconciled with the need to ensure low equipment prices for the scale-up of solar PV installations?
- How can the use of trade remedy measures be better disciplined through various measures including reform of trade-rules?
Felicia Mester published Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition 2018 in Events 2017-10-26 17:49:53 +0200WHENApril 10, 2018 at 9am - April 12, 2018 at 9amWHERESydney International Convention Centre
14 Darling Dr
Sydney NSW 2000
Google map and directions
WHY MEMBERSHIP? 4 Good Reasons to Become a Member!
1. INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
Join other members collaborating through our taskforces for responsible solar industry development globally. Taskforces develop thought leadership white papers, curate webinars and educate stakeholders on the reality of the solar industry today – and chart our path into the future as the world’s leading source of energy.
Participate in our Member Taskforces and Committees including:
- Codes & Standards
- Public Relations & Messaging
- Strategic Policy (EN & FR)
- Trade Policy
In addition to Taskforce action, the association office produces regulatory policy and trade policy insight series of webinars, bringing fresh insights into the policies that drive, or break, solar’s sustainable growth.
2. THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Members have the opportunity to participate in the Solar Voices Industry Spokespersons group, representing the solar industry in public speaking opportunities globally to the industry and regulators & policy makers.
3. MARKET INTELLIGENCE
Receive current and direct insights though private member briefings & updates on key trends and developments in national markets around the world, as well as member-only data sets in the annual Global Market Outlook, co-published with Solar Power Europe.
4. GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY
The Council’s diverse international membership supports both our association members and corporate members in exchange and exploration of new markets. Through a future offering trade missions, roundtables, workshops and other events we offer members networking and exchange opportunities.
Contact us for your membership inquiries!
Chief Operating Officer
Complete Membership Application (EN) today!
Felicia Mester published Press Release "GSC Selects New CEO, Jodie Roussell," June 13, 2017 in Press Releases 2017-10-06 15:08:07 +0200
The Global Solar Council has selected Jodie Roussell to be the Council's new Chief Executive Officer. Roussell will assume the new role on 1 August 2017.
"I am honored to have been elected as the Global Solar Council's next CEO. It is a privilege to be part of an organization dedicated to building the global solar industry's markets developing innovative skills training and doing its part to enable solar energy to serve as a transformational tool for healthy and sustainable communities" - Jodie Roussell.Read more
SNEC PV POWER EXPO 2018 is a 3 day Conference and Exhibition featuring numerous opportunities among which the SNEC Scientific Conference, Global PV Financial Summit, Industry Workshop on Global PV Market and several interesting side events.WHENMay 27, 2018 at 9am - May 30, 2018 at 9amWHEREShanghai New International Expo Centre
Longyang Road Pudong New Area
Google map and directions