- One-year fixed-term contract with possible extension
- Closing Date: 02/04/2023
- Location: Remote
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and versatile communications expert to lead the GSC’s communications work and support on other related domains including marketing, events, members relations and policy. The Communications Manager will play a crucial role in delivering the global solar sector’s messages to international institutions and making GSC’s 2023 action plan, including the participation in COP28, a success. The Communications Manager will also contribute to the execution of GSC’s projects and grants with organisations such as the European Climate Foundation. This will require outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a deep understanding of communications tools and trends.
The tasks of the Communications Manager will include:
• Development and implementation of a Communication strategy for 2023 in line with the GSC annual action plan;
• Ensuring GSC’s strong visibility at COP28 and on-site presence and coverage of GSC’s COP28 activities;
• Implementation of the GSC corporate identity in all communication assets;
• Editing of communication content;
• Development of international press releases (indicatively 6 press releases/year);
• Management of social media (indicatively 1 post per week on linkedln, twitter and facebook);
• Building of relationships with key international and trade journalists;
• Promotion of media partnerships;
• Cooperation with press offices of GSC partners;
• Publication of GSC newsletters (indicatively 1 per month);
• Maintenance and updating of GSC website with news, press releases, and infographics;
• Management and improvement of GSC’s mailing lists, including the building of media lists and monitoring media coverage and profiles on social media, with the aim of increasing GSC’s impact;
• Development of key messages from GSC advocacy work, including papers and reports tailored to various target groups;
• Contribution of and sourcing of relevant content for the GSC newsletter and website;
• Supporting the implementation of the GSC’s grants and projects with partners such as the European Climate Foundation,
• Supporting other activities of the GSC including but not limited to marketing, events, sales, members relations and policy.
• Supporting GSC’s preparation for and participation in COP28.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications or a related field;
• A passion for communications and the green transition;
• A good understanding of communications tools and trends, including the interlinkage between traditional and digital communications.
• Demonstrated experience in communications campaigns and in managing multiple projects
• Excellent relationship-buildings skills with a track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Ability to stimulate and collate a diverse range of opinions, build consensus, and develop subsequent action plans.
• Excellent public speaking and writing skills
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills
• A team player who works well with others
• Versatility and willingness to support other activities of the GSC including but not limited to marketing, events, members relations and policy.
• Fluency in English (native or equivalent)
• A one-year fixed-term contract on a consultancy basis, with a possible extension
• Flexible working hours and remote working arrangement
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com until COB 2 April 2023 quoting “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.