- This event has passed.
GSC Virtual Forum 2022
Session 2: Solar PV can be a leading force towards international energy security in a context of international instability, energy and climate crisis
November 16, 2022 @ 2:00 am – 3:00 am
The current energy crisis has highlighted the risk of over dependences from fossil fuels and remarked the role of renewables as the only true gateway to international energy security. To accelerate the deployment of renewables there is the need for urgent actions to diversify supply chain, streamline permitting, and provide clear investment signals.
In the short-term, policymakers should set robust guidelines on green taxonomy to ensure a merit order is in place for public/private investment in energy projects and mobilize investment in large-scale solar projects which can support a way out of the energy crisis and are in line with energy, security and climate goals.
At the same time, permitting of large-scale solar projects has to be accelerated, through open call procedures for project applications and a series of fast-track measures. This can quickly bring solar projects in the development pipeline to construction within the next few years.
14:00 Introduction & Moderation
- Gianni Chianetta, CEO, Global Solar Council (GSC)
14:05 Presentations & Roundtable
- José Donoso, Chairman, Global Solar Council (GSC)
- Ann Davies, COO, Lightsource bp (Online)
- Julia Souder, Executive Director, Long Duration Energy Storage Council (LDES)
- Disha Sharma, Senior Programme Manager of Clean Energy, Climate Solutions and Networks, C40 (Online)
15:00 End of Event