- This event has passed.
GSC Virtual Forum 2022
Session 1: Empowering people with solar PV
November 16 @ 12:00 am
Distributed solar PV can increase energy security while lowering power costs, unlocking a broad range of socio-economic benefit for people around the globe while empowering them to contribute to the clean energy transition. In fact, distributed solar generation can vastly support the overall solar PV’s capacity targets on a net-zero pathway: around 5 TW in 2030, more than 10 TW in 2040 and more than 14 TW in 2050, according to IRENA and IEA. To be on track for net-zero by 2050, IEA estimates that globally, 100 million households need to be equipped with rooftop solar PV by 2030 and 240 million by 2050 (up from the current 25 million). Faster distributed solar PV deployment can also help stimulating local supply chains addressing the need for well-functioning and diversified supply chains to ensure a secure energy transition.
In this event, the GSC will present a policy benchmarking on regulations and authorization procedures to match main bottlenecks in emerging markets with good practices in mature ones, and propose policy recommendations to maximize the uptake of rooftop solar PV. In doing so, the GSC will involve members from different continents as well as partners from the industry and beyond.
12:00 Introduction & Moderation
- Gianni Chianetta, CEO, Global Solar Council (GSC)
12:05Preview of the GSC analysis of distributed solar PV authorization processes
- Francesco Luise, Market Intelligence & Communications, Global Solar Council (GSC)
12:20 Presentations & Roundtable
- Stephan Singer, Senior Climate Science and Global Energy Policy Advisor, Climate Action Network International
- Dean Cooper, Global Lead – Energy Transition, Climate and Energy Practice, WWF
- Surya Jaikaran, Climate and Energy Analyst, Greenpeace International (Online)
12:50 Additional Notes on Solar PV
- Licypriya Kangujam
12:55 Solar energy for Ukrainian hospitals
- Nataliya Lushnikova, Project Coordinator, NGO Ecoclub (Online)
13:00 End of Event