- This event has passed.
GSC WEBINAR | How is COVID-19 impacting the global PV industry?
April 23, 2020 @ 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
The global PV industry is no more immune to the COVID-19 emergency than any other business. The health crisis spreading around the globe is having unprecedented effects on the economy as operations, trade and supply chains are disrupted, among them solar businesses.
The Global Solar Council is organizing a webinar to provide an update on how our industry is responding to the situation and the outlook for PV companies. The webinar will feature results of a global survey being carried out by the GSC asking businesses how the health situation is affecting operations, orders and supply chains and what they think of government responses. Thanks to input from sector experts, the event will be an opportunity to share experiences from different continents and to develop a collective response to the emergency.
The webinar will also provide an opportunity to discuss future scenarios and the recently published outlook for renewables by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).
Program (total time 90 minutes)
- 14:00 Introduction and presentation of the survey results – Gianni Chianetta, Chairman, Global Solar Council
- 14:10 Global Renewables Outlook in the time of COVID 19 – Francesco La Camera, Director General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- 14:25 The view from Asia: showing how business can start again – Sulaiman Shaari, Secretary-General, Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association (APVIA)
- 14:40 How the European PV industry is reacting to the COVID-19: Aristotelis Chantavas, President, Solar Power Europe (SPE)
- 14:55 The view from Italy: solar business calls on the government to support the PV sector – Paolo Rocco Viscontini, President, Italia Solare
- 15:10 Q&A
- 15:30 Closing