- This event has passed.
How to reconcile Economy and Ecology?From decarbonation to regeneration, applications and best practices
November 9, 2022 @ 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Solar Energy as a decarbonated and cheapest Energy is about being deployed more and more massively across the globe. This deployment request space and land, and Solar infrastructure are installed for a quite long period of time, mostly 20 to 30 even 40 years. We believe that it is a challenge but also an opportunity. So far climate change mitigation and adaptation focused on carbon neutrality (Zero net carbon) and sustainable finance developed carbon markets. But to also embrace the next era challenge tackling with soils degradation and biodiversity loss, finance and business model will have to evolve. This panel discussion proposes to introduce evolutions in the regulatory framework mostly in Europe and to explore case studies and best practices integrating nature-based solutions with hard solar infrastructures, conciling low-tech and high-tech.
11:30 Introduction & Moderation
- Dries Acke, Policy Director, SolarPower Europe
11:35 Presentations & Roundtable
- Ahmed S. Nada, President, Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) (Online)
- Yaseen Abdel Gaffar, CEO, Solarize Egypt
- Eva Vandest, Group Head of Public Affairs, Amarenco
- Ole Kristian Sivertsen, President and Group CEO, Desert Control (Online)
12:30 End of Event