Next Solar Destination in South East Asia: Opportunities for Global PV Market and post-COVID Scenarios
This webinar is part of a series of events organized by the Global Solar Council to explore the current situation and investment outlook for key emerging solar PV markets, from Asia to Africa to Latin America, and to discuss how to put PV at the center of green recovery plans in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This virtual meeting, organized in cooperation with the Asian Photovoltaic Industry Association (APVIA) and SolarQuarter, will discuss South East Asia’s (SEA) PV markets, investment opportunities and new challenges, and give a holistic analysis on a variety of topics such as policy frameworks, market outlook, business trends and key stakeholder perspectives.
The potential for SEA’s PV markets is forecasted to be close to 35 GW by 2024. As the new decade begins, while solar PV projects are driven by strong policies, some markets are now beginning to be developed with little or no government support. This manifestation is indicative of sound governmental policies driving the progress of the industry in recent years. Taking the special situation we are in now, this webinar will explore and try to answer questions such as:
- Which SEA markets are the most competitive for solar PV and why?
- How do policy frameworks in SEA compare from country to country?
- What barriers and opportunities do solar PV business leaders see in the region? What can be done to make good progress to achieve the targets?
- What impact has the COVID-19 pandemic had on PV installations, supply chains and investment sentiment in SEA?
- How can the government and industry in SEA take the opportunity to drive a green recovery post-COVID by putting solar PV at the heart of their economic recovery plans?
Check all the presentations
Here you can see all the presentations of the GSC webinar speakers