Solar PV and the post-pandemic recovery scenario.
How the global industry is faring one year after the Coronavirus wake-up call
We will all remember 2020 as the year of the Covid-19 pandemic, of entire countries in lockdown and the associated economic and social dislocation. For the global PV industry, it also marked a dramatic turning point in terms of public, political and institutional attitudes to clean energy as the mantras of “building back better” and a “green new deal” raised a clear message about the urgency of investing in renewables as part of post-pandemic recovery plans.
How is that new awareness being translated into reality and what is the outlook for solar PV? Which countries and regions are showing the best way forward in terms of policy and recovery plans and where can improvements be made? How optimistic are companies operating in the solar PV industry globally? The Global Solar Council presented findings of its survey of solar business and PV industry stakeholders and discuss the state of the sector with institutional partners and leading experts.
14:00 Introduction and presentation of the survey results
- Jose Donoso, Chairman, Global Solar Council
14:15 What opportunities & challenges for solar PV in a post-Covid context?
- Paolo Frankl, Head, Renewable Energy Division, International Energy Agency
14:30 Roundtable (moderated by Emiliano Bellini, Senior Editor, PV Magazine)
- Walburga Hemetsberger, CEO, Solar Power Europe (SPE)
- Greg Wetstone, President & CEO, American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE)
- Yiyang Liu, Deputy Secretary General, China Photovoltaic Industry Association (CPIA)
- Marcelo Alvarez, Coordinator of GSC Latin America Task Force; President, Camara Argentina de Energia Renovable (CADER)
15:25 Wrap up
- Gianni Chianetta, CEO, Global Solar Council
15:30 End of Event
Meet the speakers
Here you can see all the GSC webinar speakers and their presentations