Hear first-hand accounts of solar cooking initiatives empowering women. Guest speakers included Mary Frank, artist and activist, Esther Wang’ombe, Senior Deputy Director, Renewable Energy, Kenyan Ministry of Energy, Dr. Dan Kammen, Senior Advisor for Energy Innovation at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Rocío Maldonado, SCI Global Advisor, and Terry Tempest Williams, author, conservationist, and activist.
SCI advocates for the adoption of solar cooking to empower women and their families to live healthier and more sustainable lives while alleviating climate change.
Click here to watch the video: https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/CSW66
- GSC Kicks off 2023: Stronger Ties With IRENA, Increased Ambition and Commitment to Solar’s Leadership as SolarPower Europe’s Máté Heisz Takes Over as New Chair
- Australia: replacing despair and denial with action and optimism
- Solar PV reaches 24 gigawatts and exceeds BRL 121.6 billion in investments in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Solar Cookers International – Annual Report
- Solar PV reaches 23.9 gigawatts (GW) of installed power and is now the second largest source in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports