Convening, Connecting, Inspiring
Strategic program and event partners will help drive our work to address climate change, spur economic development and alleviate poverty.
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 12:30 PM
The UK’s installed solar PV capacity grew from 12MW in 2006 to over 12,000 MW in 2016. Nearly a million individual installations have been made – with 20% on residential rooftops. This 1 hour webinar featuring experts from the Solar Trade Association of the UK showcases the policies that drove utility scale, commercial and residential solar markets - and the factors that led to today’s market.
Key Discussion Points:
- What were the policies that drove the key developments in the UK Market to multi Gigawatt installations over the past 5 years?
- How did Feed-in-Tariffs, Renewable Obligation Certificates, Business Rates and Contracts for Difference incentivise or hinder the market?
- What is the outlook for the UK in the next 5 years, following a market shift to commercial and residential solar use?
Speakers:Paul Barwell, Chief Executive Officer, Solar Trade AssociationLeonie Greene, Head of External Affairs, Solar Trade Association
- Monday, December 04, 2017 at 09:00 AM – December 06, 2017
- BMW World in Munich, Germany
Solar, Storage & Digitalisation is a first event of its kind aiming to unite the key stakeholders in solar, energy storage and digitalisation from Europe to establish a cross-sectoral platform in areas that will shape the power, heat & transport sectors.
- Thursday, December 07, 2017 at 09:00 AM
- Bird & Bird in London, United Kingdom
The Solar Trade Association and SolarPower Europe are bringing together front line experts to the O&M and Asset Management Conference with the aim to drive a discussion on best practices in the industry. Leading companies that represent a large share of Europe’s solar PV portfolio are already committed to this process, which will be of interest to the financial community and other relevant stakeholders.
- Saturday, December 09, 2017 at 09:00 AM – December 10, 2017
- Greater Noida, NCT in New Delhi, India
The ISA Foundation Day: Corporate Conclave of Forbes 2000 & Global Companies
- Monday, December 11, 2017 at 09:00 AM – December 13, 2017
- Bolsa de Cereales in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The biennial Trade and Sustainable Development Symposium organised by the International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD) and held alongside the WTO ministerial conference for over a decade, is the leading multi-stakeholder platform for intellectual enquiry and dialogue on sustainable development and the global trade investment system. The event acts as an inclusive platform outside of the WTO negotiating setting for sharing ideas, engaging in dialogue, and influencing trade policy negotiations.
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 02:00 PM
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss recent trends with regard to anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures in the principal solar markets-such as the US, EU, China and India and how this has been shaping solar-PV supply chains. It will also explore specific options that could be pursued within the trading system to discipline trade remedy measures so as to bring about a degree of certainty and predictability for solar PV manufacturers while also addressing questions on fair competition in solar manufacturing.Key Discussion Points :
- What are the recent developments with regard to the use of anti-dumping and other trade remedy measures on solar PV products and how have they been shaping solar PV supply-chains?
- How can concerns on fair competition in the solar PV industry be reconciled with the need to ensure low equipment prices for the scale-up of solar PV installations?
- How can the use of trade remedy measures be better disciplined through various measures including reform of trade-rules?
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 12:00 PM
The objective of the webinar will be to discuss the economic impact of local content requirements along the solar PV value chain both in terms of costs as well as development policy tradeoffs in host countries.Key Discussion Points:
- What are the economic development tradeoffs and costs to local content requirements - in a world with competitive global value chains?
- Local content requirements are not permitted for WTO Member countries, yet many countries maintain these requirements without challenge - are there any contexts in which local content requirements have a positive market impact?
- Services provide the vast majority (75%) of economic value added in the global solar value chain - yet goods are the focus of trade conflict. What is the role of "natural" local content in solar systems development in driving sustainable economic development locally?
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 09:00 AM – March 29, 2018
- The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa
The Solar Show Africa 2018 guarantees meetings with African energy utilities and IPPs, and features an exhibition, conference and networking opportunities. The Africa Boardroom service has pre-selected 40 of the top African buyers in the energy space to get face to face time with a decision maker to get exclusive insights into projects and influence policy.
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 09:00 AM – March 30, 2018
SEIA's Codes & Standards Symposium is specifically designed by and for solar codes & standards professionals and their colleagues in research, design and marketing. This symposium will cover the most up-to-date, impactful issues that have the potential to drive further expansion of solar as well as those issues that have the potential to constrain solar growth and how to best address those challenges.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 09:00 AM – April 12, 2018
- Sydney International Convention Centre in Sydney, Australia