Please join Solar Cookers International’s Analysis of the Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking webinar. With approximately 3 billion people cooking over open fires, there is tremendous potential for countries to save money by avoiding the environmental and health costs associated with biomass cooking. If people relying on solid fuels for cooking switched to cooking with solar cookers even ¼ of the time, countries can save millions, and even billions, of dollars.
This webinar will highlight Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking summary sheets created for almost 200 countries. We will share how we compiled the data and what it means to you, solar cooking advocates. We will discuss:
- How many solar cookers have been identified thus far
- Estimated CO2 emissions prevented by those solar cookers
- Potential CO2 emissions prevented by switching to solar cooking
- Potential savings at the country level by avoiding health care and environmental costs from cooking over open fires
This information can be instrumental in your efforts to scale up solar cooking in your region by collaborating with potential funders and partners.
Please register by 25 February 2020 at: https://solarcookers.salsalabs.org/theanalysisoftheeconomicimpactsofsolarcooking/index.html or email email@example.com for more information.
You can join the webinar using the AnyMeeting link that will be emailed to you after you register. Everyone is welcome to join the webinar live. The recording of the webinar will be available for Solar Cookers International Associates. Join the SCI Association at https://www.solarcookers.org/partners/sci-association.
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm