Please join Solar Cookers International’s Analysis of the Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking webinar. With approximately 3 billion people cooking over open fires, there is tremendous potential for countries to save money by avoiding the environmental and health costs associated with biomass cooking. If people relying on solid fuels for cooking switched to cooking with solar cookers even ¼ of the time, countries can save millions, and even billions, of dollars.
This webinar will highlight Economic Impacts of Solar Cooking summary sheets created for almost 200 countries. We will share how we compiled the data and what it means to you, solar cooking advocates. We will discuss:
- How many solar cookers have been identified thus far
- Estimated CO2 emissions prevented by those solar cookers
- Potential CO2 emissions prevented by switching to solar cooking
- Potential savings at the country level by avoiding health care and environmental costs from cooking over open fires
This information can be instrumental in your efforts to scale up solar cooking in your region by collaborating with potential funders and partners.
Please register by 25 February 2020 at: https://solarcookers.salsalabs.org/theanalysisoftheeconomicimpactsofsolarcooking/index.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You can join the webinar using the AnyMeeting link that will be emailed to you after you register. Everyone is welcome to join the webinar live. The recording of the webinar will be available for Solar Cookers International Associates. Join the SCI Association at https://www.solarcookers.org/partners/sci-association.
- Global Solar Council joins the Global Alliance For Sustainable Energy as a founding member
- GSC goes to COP26 to represent the global solar power sector and ensure progress towards a sustainable future
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) shares their impact in their newly released Annual Report
- Solar photovoltaic in Brazil surpasses a great milestone and the country enters to the select group of 10 GW operational, celebrates ABSOLAR
- Approval of the legal framework for solar energy brings legal security and unlocks investments in Brazil, says ABSOLAR
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm