Solar energy researchers can apply for two new funding opportunities through the U.S. Department of Energy. There is $25 million in funding available for concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP) research to decarbonize industrial processes and develop particle-based systems for thermal energy storage. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on March 16, and there will be an informational webinar on February 24 at 2 p.m. ET. There is also $5 million in funding available for high-risk, innovative projects in photovoltaics and CSP, with a focus on researchers who have never received solar office funding before. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on February 28.
- Global Solar Community unites in face of Climate, Economic, and Security challenges
- GSC launches “Empowering people with solar PV” campaign to promote faster uptake of distributed solar energy
- 5 reasons why you should invest in solar panels right now￼
- GSC meet its members at Intersolar 2022 to update on its activities and discuss way forward for COP27
- Smart Energy Council Report