Solar energy researchers can apply for two new funding opportunities through the U.S. Department of Energy. There is $25 million in funding available for concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP) research to decarbonize industrial processes and develop particle-based systems for thermal energy storage. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on March 16, and there will be an informational webinar on February 24 at 2 p.m. ET. There is also $5 million in funding available for high-risk, innovative projects in photovoltaics and CSP, with a focus on researchers who have never received solar office funding before. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on February 28.
- GSC Kicks off 2023: Stronger Ties With IRENA, Increased Ambition and Commitment to Solar’s Leadership as SolarPower Europe’s Máté Heisz Takes Over as New Chair
- Australia: replacing despair and denial with action and optimism
- Solar PV reaches 24 gigawatts and exceeds BRL 121.6 billion in investments in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Solar Cookers International – Annual Report
- Solar PV reaches 23.9 gigawatts (GW) of installed power and is now the second largest source in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports