Solar energy researchers can apply for two new funding opportunities through the U.S. Department of Energy. There is $25 million in funding available for concentrating solar-thermal power (CSP) research to decarbonize industrial processes and develop particle-based systems for thermal energy storage. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on March 16, and there will be an informational webinar on February 24 at 2 p.m. ET. There is also $5 million in funding available for high-risk, innovative projects in photovoltaics and CSP, with a focus on researchers who have never received solar office funding before. Mandatory letters of intent for this opportunity are due on February 28.
- GSC Statement on COP28 Outcomes
- GSC CEO Statement on COP28 Tripling Renewables Pledge
- Global Solar Council Appoints Sonia Dunlop as New CEO, Strengthening its Leadership to Drive Solar Power Growth
- Turning ambition into action: Key takeaways from New York Climate Week
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial