SCI’s Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D. spoke at the Carnegie Science Center for their event called Virtual Cafe Sci: D.A.R.E. to Solar Cook – The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine on November 2, 2020. He spoke alongside SCI Global Advisor Mary Buchenic and SCI Associate Jennifer Gasser.
Alan discussed the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Mary and Jennifer shared their experiences promoting solar cooking STEM curricula and the collaborations they enjoy with colleagues in Haiti and around the world. Café Sci is the Carnegie Science Center program where anyone interested in science can get together in a virtual setting to discuss today’s science issues with experts. To watch the video, click here:
- Sisyphus or the Struggle for the Obvious
- Grid and off-grid solar PV are essential to meet soaring Africa’s power needs and job potential
- Solar PV rapidly becoming protagonist in a world in transformation
- Global Solar Council’s 2nd Virtual Forum goes live on 8-9 July
- UNEF approves the launch of a Certificate of Excellence for sustainability and biodiversity conservation in photovoltaic plants
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm