SCI’s Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D. spoke at the Carnegie Science Center for their event called Virtual Cafe Sci: D.A.R.E. to Solar Cook – The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine on November 2, 2020. He spoke alongside SCI Global Advisor Mary Buchenic and SCI Associate Jennifer Gasser.
Alan discussed the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Mary and Jennifer shared their experiences promoting solar cooking STEM curricula and the collaborations they enjoy with colleagues in Haiti and around the world. Café Sci is the Carnegie Science Center program where anyone interested in science can get together in a virtual setting to discuss today’s science issues with experts. To watch the video, click here:
- Solar photovoltaic energy reaches 4 gigawatts in distributed generation in Brazil
- Meet the global PV community in Lisbon 2021
- SCI share successes at the ReEnergy Africa E-Summit
- Photovoltaics and the triumph of the industrial revolution in Spain
- The Renewables in Cities Global Status Report is ready for your input!
December 3 @ 8:00 am - December 4 @ 5:00 pm