SCI’s Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D. spoke at the Carnegie Science Center for their event called Virtual Cafe Sci: D.A.R.E. to Solar Cook – The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine on November 2, 2020. He spoke alongside SCI Global Advisor Mary Buchenic and SCI Associate Jennifer Gasser.
Alan discussed the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Mary and Jennifer shared their experiences promoting solar cooking STEM curricula and the collaborations they enjoy with colleagues in Haiti and around the world. Café Sci is the Carnegie Science Center program where anyone interested in science can get together in a virtual setting to discuss today’s science issues with experts. To watch the video, click here:
- Solar PV is key for ASEAN decarbonization goals, with rooftop and floating gaining momentum
- Green solar power for Markt Ebensfeld
- Teresa Ribera announces at the 8th Solar Forum that the National Floating Photovoltaic Strategy is close to approval
- Look for Solar Cookers International at this year’s UN Climate Conference (COP26)
- Upcoming events on renewables – Join REN21 for engaging discussions
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm