SCI’s Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D. spoke at the Carnegie Science Center for their event called Virtual Cafe Sci: D.A.R.E. to Solar Cook – The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine on November 2, 2020. He spoke alongside SCI Global Advisor Mary Buchenic and SCI Associate Jennifer Gasser.
Alan discussed the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Mary and Jennifer shared their experiences promoting solar cooking STEM curricula and the collaborations they enjoy with colleagues in Haiti and around the world. Café Sci is the Carnegie Science Center program where anyone interested in science can get together in a virtual setting to discuss today’s science issues with experts. To watch the video, click here:
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm