SCI’s Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D. spoke at the Carnegie Science Center for their event called Virtual Cafe Sci: D.A.R.E. to Solar Cook – The Physics of Cooking with Sunshine on November 2, 2020. He spoke alongside SCI Global Advisor Mary Buchenic and SCI Associate Jennifer Gasser.
Alan discussed the technical details of solar cooking and incorporating the science of materials and light optics. Mary and Jennifer shared their experiences promoting solar cooking STEM curricula and the collaborations they enjoy with colleagues in Haiti and around the world. Café Sci is the Carnegie Science Center program where anyone interested in science can get together in a virtual setting to discuss today’s science issues with experts. To watch the video, click here:
- Global renewables bodies call on Mexico’s government to restore the country’s transition to clean energy
- Photovoltaic energy, the new paradigm
- Government support is key to accelerating green recovery ambitions, Global Solar Council tells IRENA meetings
- Global Solar Council calls for sense of urgency in 2021 to speed transition to a green economy
- Spanish self-consumption shows its resilience and advances by 30%
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm