Going 100% renewable: 2019 RE100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
RE100 has experienced its biggest year yet. Membership is up by a third, with 40% of growth from the Asia-Pacific, and the collective renewable electricity demand of member companies now equates to the 21st largest electricity consuming country in the world.
Going 100% renewable: how companies are demanding a faster market response is the 2019 Progress and Insights Report from The Climate Group and CDP. It shows members are making fast progress toward ambitious 100% renewable electricity goals. They are driving impact and influencing suppliers, while aligning with the growing expectations of customers, shareholders and employees.
New this year, one in two are set to use their influence with stakeholders, such as policy makers and utilities, to overcome policy and market barriers and push for a faster transition to renewables. Through RE100, their voices are being amplified to governments and the energy sector around the world.
2020 marks the beginning of the Climate Decade – ten years to halve greenhouse gas emissions and reach net zero by 2030. As more and more companies join RE100 and commit to 100% renewable power, policy makers and energy suppliers must rapidly respond to increasing demand for clean and affordable electricity.
- CPIA successfully hosted‘Review Prospects Conference’, important research results released
- From CSP to home electrification: Australia’s groundbreaking progress
- Join Solar Cookers International in advocating for women’s empowerment with solar cooking
- Solar PV overcomes 25 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 125.3 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- ABSOLAR meets Finance Minister Fernando Haddad and strengthens the role of solar PV in Brazil´s energy transition