GSC Chairman Pranav R Mehta meets IRENA Director General Francesco Camera: Discussion on strategies for accelerating solar growth and spread worldwide
Global Solar Council Chairman Pranav R Mehta met the Director General of IRENA Mr. Francesco Camera on the sidelines of the IRENA Policy Day event attended by IRENA member countries at Abu Dhabi. The discussion centered around IRENA and GSC partnership for accelerating solar growth and spread worldwide. Emphasizing the importance of affordable finance to accelerate solar growth Mehta suggested that a list of various funding agencies should be prepared by IRENA to increase awareness and know how. Further, with a view to make the Energy Transition more inclusive and help job creation GSC offered to impart training to young people from Africa and other emerging markets through GSC Member associations. These trained and empowered youth will go back to their countries and become small entrepreneurs or dealers of companies of mature markets and will spread the message of solar. This will help in greater people involvement in adoption of solar and the fight for global warming and climate change.
Similar partnership of GSC with the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was also discussed. The meeting also noted the important role being played by GSC members in various sub groups of IRENA Coalition for Action. “ Pranav Mehta is in the seven member steering committee of this IRENA Coalition for Action.”
Mehta extended an invitation to Mr. Francesco Camera for a special interactive session with National Solar Ènergy Federation of India(NSEFI) during his forthcoming visit to India in connection with the REINVEST event in end October. The invitation was happily accepted in principle pending details to be worked out.
- Solar PV overcomes 27 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 134.5 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Brazil accelerates in solar PV energy and becomes the eighth largest country in the world ranking of the source, informs ABSOLAR
- ISES SWC 2023 – Deadline for submissions extended
- Spain consolidates as the country with the cheapest energy in Europe thanks to solar energy.
- GSC welcomes calls for much-needed global renewables target, supports its development by COP 28