The Global Solar Council Chairman José Donoso has been nominated on the Steering Committee of the IRENA Coalition for Action, a network of leading renewable energy players with a vision to drive the energy transformation promoting wider and faster uptake of renewable energy technologies.
GSC is glad to be part of the IRENA Coalition for Action, which forms a key international network to discuss industry trends, determine actions, share knowledge and exchange best practices with the vision to drive the global energy transition in line with the Sustainable Development Goal on energy. Its mission is to convene a global dialogue amongst non-governmental and governmental stakeholders to develop actions to increasing the share of renewables in the global energy mix.
Today, the Coalition brings together over 120 leading renewable energy players including private sector companies, industry associations, civil society, research institutes and intergovernmental organisations. IRENA acts as the Secretariat of the Coalition. José Donoso will seat amongst 8 members of the Steering Committee for one year.
- GSC Kicks off 2023: Stronger Ties With IRENA, Increased Ambition and Commitment to Solar’s Leadership as SolarPower Europe’s Máté Heisz Takes Over as New Chair
- Australia: replacing despair and denial with action and optimism
- Solar PV reaches 24 gigawatts and exceeds BRL 121.6 billion in investments in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Solar Cookers International – Annual Report
- Solar PV reaches 23.9 gigawatts (GW) of installed power and is now the second largest source in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports