GSC’s José Donoso nominated on the Steering Committee of IRENA Coalition for Action
The Global Solar Council Chairman José Donoso has been nominated on the Steering Committee of the IRENA Coalition for Action, a network of leading renewable energy players with a vision to drive the energy transformation promoting wider and faster uptake of renewable energy technologies.
GSC is glad to be part of the IRENA Coalition for Action, which forms a key international network to discuss industry trends, determine actions, share knowledge and exchange best practices with the vision to drive the global energy transition in line with the Sustainable Development Goal on energy. Its mission is to convene a global dialogue amongst non-governmental and governmental stakeholders to develop actions to increasing the share of renewables in the global energy mix.
Today, the Coalition brings together over 120 leading renewable energy players including private sector companies, industry associations, civil society, research institutes and intergovernmental organisations. IRENA acts as the Secretariat of the Coalition. José Donoso will seat amongst 8 members of the Steering Committee for one year.
- Solar PV overcomes 27 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 134.5 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Brazil accelerates in solar PV energy and becomes the eighth largest country in the world ranking of the source, informs ABSOLAR
- ISES SWC 2023 – Deadline for submissions extended
- Spain consolidates as the country with the cheapest energy in Europe thanks to solar energy.
- GSC welcomes calls for much-needed global renewables target, supports its development by COP 28