IBC SOLAR Energy, the international project division of IBC SOLAR AG, is executing a megawatt solar park in Kaba, Hungary with a nominal output of 43 megawatt peak (MWp). IBC SOLAR will be responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the project and will also take over the operation and maintenance services (O&M).
Together with MET Asset Management AG, the owner of the project, IBC SOLAR Energy starts the construction of a utility-scale PV project that will commence operations in autumn 2020 and then will be one of the largest solar parks built in Hungary so far. The MET Kabai Solar Park project is designed to produce approximately 52 GWh of electricity per year which equals the estimated total power demand of more than 13,000 households. As main contractor, IBC SOLAR will provide a turnkey project complemented with an assignment for operation and maintenance services.
The MET Kabai Solar Park project is another important milestone on the way towards increasing the renewable share in the Hungarian energy mix. “We are very proud that we were able to secure the confidence of MET for the implementation of this impressive solar park”, says José María Llopis, CEO, IBC SOLAR Energy GmbH. “With this project we make another important contribution to the energy transition and demonstrate once again the potential of PV as one of the leading renewable energy sources in the 21st century moving away from fossil fuels.”
Upon customer request, IBC SOLAR provides a performance guarantee for the complete PV system. Consequently, IBC SOLAR will also take care of operations, monitoring and maintenance management incl. fast troubleshooting, thus ensuring a continuous high performance for a long-lasting period. With this project, IBC SOLAR will focus on a long-term and reliable partnership with the investor MET Asset Management AG.
|Generator surface area:||227,000 m²|
|Electricity production:||52,000 MWh/year|
|CO2 reduction over 25 years:||approx. 26,000 tonnes|
|Power for:||approx. 13,000 households|
|Start of operation:||Autumn 2020|
|Project planning:||IBC SOLAR Energy|
|Installer:||IBC SOLAR Energy|
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm