The ISES Award Season for 2021 is about to start!
Since 1975 ISES has been honouring those who have made significant achievements and contributions toward advancing solar energy applications and use. Be on the lookout for the call for nominations for the ISES Awards and Fellows as well as the third edition of the Renewable Transformation Challenge – RTC in cooperation with Elsevier. The ISES Awards categories are:
- Farrington Daniels Award – for outstanding intellectual leadership in the field of solar energy
- Achievement through Action Award in memory of Christopher A. Weeks – for important contributions to the harnessing of solar energy for practical use or a new concept, development or product.
- Global Leadership Award in Advancing Solar Energy Policy in honour of Hermann Scheer – for significant contributions to the advancement of solar energy policy.
- ISES Fellows- to recognise people who have given many years of distinguished service to ISES and have advanced the use of solar and renewable energy through research, education, communication and deployment
Learn more about the ISES awards and past recipients at https://www.ises.org/who-we-are/ises-awards
- Brazil becomes an official member of the International Solar Alliance – ISA
- Self-generation from Solar PV in Brazil exceeds 14 gigawatts of installed power and surpass e Itaipu, the world’s second largest hydropower plant
- The summer of collapse￼
- Despite Historic Consensus on Reparations, COP27 Misses the Root Cause of Loss and Damage
- Global Solar Council statement in relation to the draft text of the cover decisions of COP27 on Nov. 18 – 9am EET