The industry’s premier 2022 Solar Awards ceremony, by the Middle East Solar Industry Association in its tenth edition, was held on the 18th January,2022. It recognized and celebrated exceptional talent and achievements in the MENA solar market. The solar celebration was revamped this year, featuring new categories, new submissions criteria and evaluations including local regional impact, technology involved etc…. The event gathered over 200 attendees across the supply chain and was sponsored by Sungrow, Jinko Solar, Nextracker and Trina Solar.
Focusing on all areas of the solar industry, MESIA distinguished and awarded good practice, professionalism, quality, safety and innovation, with the aim of being a marker of the brightest and best of the Middle East solar industry.
Award Categories and Winners!
- Utility Scale Solar Project of the Year – ENGIE- The Jubail 3B Independent Water Project (IWP)
- Commercial & Industrial Solar Project of the Year – Empereal Ruby Energy and Innovations
- Hybrid Project of the Year – NEW! – SirajPower
- Regional Technology Provider of the Year: 3 Categories – NEW!
- Mounting Structures – Archtech
- Inverters – Sungrow
- Solar Modules – Jinko Solar
- Technical Consultant of the Year – NEW! –Clenergize Solar Consultants
- Financier of the Year – UPDATED! – Dubai Green Fund (DGF)
- Legal Consultant of the Year – Pinsent Masons
- Solar Woman of the Year – Tania Jarjur of Yellow Door Energy (YDE)
- Visual Media of the Year – – Solarabic
The Jury & Selection Process
The awards selection was judged by a panel of 9 industry experts and leaders from around the MENA region and the winners of the Solar Awards were announced at the ceremony and networking event!
We were thrilled to be able to count on the unmatched expertise of independent jury members coming from the entire region. They evaluated each of the applications and winners were selected from their combined votes in each category.
- MARCELO ALVAREZ DR. – Board Secretary – Global solar Council
MUSTAPHA TAOUMI – Clean Energy Key Expert at EU-GCC and former Regional Officer for MENA region at IRENA
- DR. JAUAD EL KHARRA- Executive Director of the Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- DR. RAED BKAYRAT – Chief Energy Strategist and Senior Advisor
- DR. SAUSAN AL RIYAMI- Senior Expert at the research at Ministry of HigherEducation
- ENG.MOHAMMED DABBAS- Senior Advisor for the Arab Renewable Energy
STUART KING- Good Practice Manager – Human Performance and Power Systems – Energy Institute
- DR. STEVEN GRIFFITHS – Senior Vice President for Research and Development and Professor of Practice – Khalifa University of Science and Technology
- GIEDRE VISKANTAITE- Associate Programme Officer – International Renewable Energy Agency
MESIA was thrilled to welcome its guest on the face-to-face Solar Awards and hoped that many enjoyed the virtual broadcast live event with the support of Middle East Solar Energy Digital Channels and Solarabic!
- CPIA successfully hosted‘Review Prospects Conference’, important research results released
- From CSP to home electrification: Australia’s groundbreaking progress
- Join Solar Cookers International in advocating for women’s empowerment with solar cooking
- Solar PV overcomes 25 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 125.3 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- ABSOLAR meets Finance Minister Fernando Haddad and strengthens the role of solar PV in Brazil´s energy transition