From across Europe to Chile, Brazil, China and India, case studies of solar power being implemented in rail and bus networks worldwide demonstrate its massive potential to address climate change. Shifting people to public transport that runs on renewable energy is one of the fastest and most cost-effective ways to reduce emissions and improve local air quality. “A smooth ride to renewable energy”, REN21’s new policy brief in collaboration with UITP, offers specific actions to be taken by public transport authorities, public transport operators, urban planners and anyone interested in actions and solutions to advance renewables in public transport. Who do you know that needs to read this? Click here to access the brief.
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial
- GSC Statement on G20 India outcomes
- GSC at Intersolar Europe 2023: What’s next for GSC and the global solar sector?
- Insights into the world’s largest solar market: Reflections from the SNEC PV Power Expo 2023
- Photovoltaic energy: a green swan for the Spanish economy