National Solar Energy Federation of India on Wednesday, July 17th, organized Solar Leaders roundtable with Vietnam Ambassador H.E Pham Sanh Chau on Solar Energy Landscape in Vietnam – Opportunities for Indian industry. Chairman Pranav Mehta whilst welcoming the ambassador highlighted the export potential of Indian Solar Industry in EPC, Rooftop sector and in developing solar projects. Ambassador Pham Sanh Chau said the world recognizes India as true leader in solar energy.
After green and white revolution India has actively contributed to what I call “yellow revolution” which made solar energy affordable. There are ample opportunities for Indian industry in Vietnam, especially since we have called off our plan to start two nuclear projects. Vietnam, being a signatory country of Paris Climate Agreement, Ambassador Chau emphasized that, is very serious about our carbon emissions and fully recognize renewable energy is the only solution. He further added that tariff available for the industry in Vietnam is almost double that of the present tariff in India which is a good sign for industry. While concluding he reemphasized that Vietnam government has introduced a new mechanism for tax incentives on solar industry to promote foreign investment which Indian companies can utilize.
NSEFI members presented their company profiles and their ongoing projects in Vietnam which was followed by a roundtable conference where the ambassador interacted with the industry addressing various queries on tariff, PPA bankability, rooftop opportunities in Vietnam. While concluding, Chairman Mehta has reiterated that India’s act east policy has a special focus on Vietnam and NSEFI will be leading a delegation of Indian Solar Industry to Vietnam early next year to explore business opportunities and strengthen bilateral trade with the active participation and help of both governments.
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm