Global Solar Council > News > Member/Partner News > REN21 has launched the Renewables in Cities 2021 Global Status Report
REN21 has launched the Renewables in Cities 2021 Global Status Report
May 12, 2021 Global Solar Council Member/Partner News
REN21 has launched the Renewables in Cities 2021 Global Status Report, an annual stock-take of the global shift to renewables at the city-level. This report aims to inform decision makers and to create an active exchange of views and information around urban renewable energy. With cities being energy producers, consumers and network managers, urban governments have a unique role to play in the energy transition. Explore trends, up-to-date data and case studies in the interactive website of the report in 100+ languages!
- Solar PV overcomes 27 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 134.5 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- Brazil accelerates in solar PV energy and becomes the eighth largest country in the world ranking of the source, informs ABSOLAR
- ISES SWC 2023 – Deadline for submissions extended
- Spain consolidates as the country with the cheapest energy in Europe thanks to solar energy.
- GSC welcomes calls for much-needed global renewables target, supports its development by COP 28