City governments are uniquely positioned to curb energy use and related greenhouse gas emissions while accelerating the uptake of renewable energy. With over half the world’s population living in cities, and with cities acting as energy producers, consumers and network managers, urban governments have a unique role to play.
On 18 March, REN21 is launching the new Renewables in Cities 2021 Global Status Report, an annual stock-take of the global shift to renewable energy at the city-level. This comprehensive picture of renewable energy developments in cities aims to inform and inspire decision-makers to make the shift to renewable energy happen – now. Register for the launch event and/or sign up to get the report.
- GSC CEO Statement on COP28 Tripling Renewables Pledge
- Global Solar Council Appoints Sonia Dunlop as New CEO, Strengthening its Leadership to Drive Solar Power Growth
- Turning ambition into action: Key takeaways from New York Climate Week
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial
- GSC Statement on G20 India outcomes