With so much uncertainty for energy in 2020, it is more important than ever to document the status of renewable energy. REN21 are pleased to announce that the Renewables 2021 Global Status Report (GSR) will be open for peer review from 5-19 January 2021.The GSR is a collaborative work, published annually, using inputs from 1500 contributors to present the latest information about renewable energy market and industry developments, policy and investment trends worldwide.
The review draft will include the following chapters.
- Policy Landscape
- Energy Systems Integration
- Distributed Renewables for Energy Access
- Energy Efficiency
If you would like to contribute as an expert reviewer, please fill in this expression of interest. All reviewers will be credited in the final report.
- Brazil becomes an official member of the International Solar Alliance – ISA
- Self-generation from Solar PV in Brazil exceeds 14 gigawatts of installed power and surpass e Itaipu, the world’s second largest hydropower plant
- The summer of collapse￼
- Despite Historic Consensus on Reparations, COP27 Misses the Root Cause of Loss and Damage
- Global Solar Council statement in relation to the draft text of the cover decisions of COP27 on Nov. 18 – 9am EET