Solar Cookers International recently spoke at this year’s virtual United Nations NGO Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) Forum. The Commission on the Status of Women is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. Solar cooking is a powerful solution for women’s health and empowerment.
Special guest speakers included:
- Jessica Lewis, World Health Organization
- Dr. Peg Barratt, SCI Board Member
- Rose Bazile, SCI Global Advisor
- Rocío Maldonado, SCI Global Advisor
- Dr. Mrs. Janak Palta McGilligan, SCI Global Advisor
- Ernestina Williams, SCI Representative to the United Nations
Click here to watch the video: https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/sci-commission-status-women-csw-virtual-event
Photo credit: Ecomandate
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm