Solar Cookers International recently spoke at this year’s virtual United Nations NGO Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) Forum. The Commission on the Status of Women is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. Solar cooking is a powerful solution for women’s health and empowerment.
Special guest speakers included:
- Jessica Lewis, World Health Organization
- Dr. Peg Barratt, SCI Board Member
- Rose Bazile, SCI Global Advisor
- Rocío Maldonado, SCI Global Advisor
- Dr. Mrs. Janak Palta McGilligan, SCI Global Advisor
- Ernestina Williams, SCI Representative to the United Nations
Click here to watch the video: https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/sci-commission-status-women-csw-virtual-event
Photo credit: Ecomandate
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial
- GSC Statement on G20 India outcomes
- GSC at Intersolar Europe 2023: What’s next for GSC and the global solar sector?
- Insights into the world’s largest solar market: Reflections from the SNEC PV Power Expo 2023
- Photovoltaic energy: a green swan for the Spanish economy