Solar Cookers International and the Global Solar Council at COP 25
The Global Solar Council’s previous president, Pranav R. Mehta, spoke during one of Solar Cookers International’s press conferences at the United Nations Climate Conference (COP 25) in Madrid, Spain. Watch this and Solar Cookers International’s other press conferences at https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/united-nations-climate-conference-cop25. Solar cooking was also highlighted as an effective solution by both parties at additional side events, presentations, and an exhibit booth.
The United Nations Climate Conference brings together 25,000 government and civil society leaders, and 6,000 media representatives. Together, the Global Solar Council and Solar Cookers International shared about the powerful solution of solar cooking, as an effective way to help countries achieve goals to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Solar Cookers International was able to gain more positive media attention for this powerful solar solution through outlets including Physics World, The Gulf Times, Taiwan news, Spanish news television, Business Insider Spain, Latin America television news, The International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and SM4RTS
- CPIA successfully hosted‘Review Prospects Conference’, important research results released
- From CSP to home electrification: Australia’s groundbreaking progress
- Join Solar Cookers International in advocating for women’s empowerment with solar cooking
- Solar PV overcomes 25 gigawatts, and total investment exceeds BRL 125.3 billion in Brazil, ABSOLAR reports
- ABSOLAR meets Finance Minister Fernando Haddad and strengthens the role of solar PV in Brazil´s energy transition