The Global Solar Council’s previous president, Pranav R. Mehta, spoke during one of Solar Cookers International’s press conferences at the United Nations Climate Conference (COP 25) in Madrid, Spain. Watch this and Solar Cookers International’s other press conferences at https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/united-nations-climate-conference-cop25. Solar cooking was also highlighted as an effective solution by both parties at additional side events, presentations, and an exhibit booth.
The United Nations Climate Conference brings together 25,000 government and civil society leaders, and 6,000 media representatives. Together, the Global Solar Council and Solar Cookers International shared about the powerful solution of solar cooking, as an effective way to help countries achieve goals to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Solar Cookers International was able to gain more positive media attention for this powerful solar solution through outlets including Physics World, The Gulf Times, Taiwan news, Spanish news television, Business Insider Spain, Latin America television news, The International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and SM4RTS
- Grid and off-grid solar PV are essential to meet soaring Africa’s power needs and job potential
- Solar PV rapidly becoming protagonist in a world in transformation
- Global Solar Council’s 2nd Virtual Forum goes live on 8-9 July
- UNEF approves the launch of a Certificate of Excellence for sustainability and biodiversity conservation in photovoltaic plants
- Solar photovoltaic surpasses 9 gigawatts in Brazil, with 270 thousand jobs and R$ 46 billion in investments, ABSOLAR informs
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm