The Global Solar Council’s previous president, Pranav R. Mehta, spoke during one of Solar Cookers International’s press conferences at the United Nations Climate Conference (COP 25) in Madrid, Spain. Watch this and Solar Cookers International’s other press conferences at https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/united-nations-climate-conference-cop25. Solar cooking was also highlighted as an effective solution by both parties at additional side events, presentations, and an exhibit booth.
The United Nations Climate Conference brings together 25,000 government and civil society leaders, and 6,000 media representatives. Together, the Global Solar Council and Solar Cookers International shared about the powerful solution of solar cooking, as an effective way to help countries achieve goals to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Solar Cookers International was able to gain more positive media attention for this powerful solar solution through outlets including Physics World, The Gulf Times, Taiwan news, Spanish news television, Business Insider Spain, Latin America television news, The International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and SM4RTS
- Renewable Energy Pioneers submissions Closing 16th October
- Your voice counts! Join REN21’s collaborative process
- A gas-led economic recovery, what is Australia’s pro fossil-fuel government thinking?
- ISES holds first ever virtual EuroSun 2020 + EuroSun 2022 Request for Proposals
- Solar photovoltaic energy surpasses 3 gigawatts in large power plants in Brazil, ABSOLAR informs