Just like miles per gallon, everyone needs to know the standard cooking power for each solar cooker to make informed decisions. In order to do that, Solar Cookers International has established a program called The SCI Performance Evaluation Process (PEP) which is intended to increase the use of high-quality solar cookers worldwide. SCI’s PEP test allows manufacturers and consumers to understand the cooking power of solar cookers without brand bias and to develop a baseline for comparison.
PEP testing also demonstrates the power, in watts, that users can expect from a specific model of solar cooker. Organizations and users can expect to get unbiased, scientific information because the PEP test is based on an internationally accepted protocol that harmonizes with guidelines published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). To learn more about PEP testing and to watch SCI’s video demonstration, click here: https://www.solarcookers.org/work/research
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial
- GSC Statement on G20 India outcomes
- GSC at Intersolar Europe 2023: What’s next for GSC and the global solar sector?
- Insights into the world’s largest solar market: Reflections from the SNEC PV Power Expo 2023
- Photovoltaic energy: a green swan for the Spanish economy