Just like miles per gallon, everyone needs to know the standard cooking power for each solar cooker to make informed decisions. In order to do that, Solar Cookers International has established a program called The SCI Performance Evaluation Process (PEP) which is intended to increase the use of high-quality solar cookers worldwide. SCI’s PEP test allows manufacturers and consumers to understand the cooking power of solar cookers without brand bias and to develop a baseline for comparison.
PEP testing also demonstrates the power, in watts, that users can expect from a specific model of solar cooker. Organizations and users can expect to get unbiased, scientific information because the PEP test is based on an internationally accepted protocol that harmonizes with guidelines published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). To learn more about PEP testing and to watch SCI’s video demonstration, click here: https://www.solarcookers.org/work/research
- Global Solar Council joins the Global Alliance For Sustainable Energy as a founding member
- GSC goes to COP26 to represent the global solar power sector and ensure progress towards a sustainable future
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) shares their impact in their newly released Annual Report
- Solar photovoltaic in Brazil surpasses a great milestone and the country enters to the select group of 10 GW operational, celebrates ABSOLAR
- Approval of the legal framework for solar energy brings legal security and unlocks investments in Brazil, says ABSOLAR
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm