Just like miles per gallon, everyone needs to know the standard cooking power for each solar cooker to make informed decisions. In order to do that, Solar Cookers International has established a program called The SCI Performance Evaluation Process (PEP) which is intended to increase the use of high-quality solar cookers worldwide. SCI’s PEP test allows manufacturers and consumers to understand the cooking power of solar cookers without brand bias and to develop a baseline for comparison.
PEP testing also demonstrates the power, in watts, that users can expect from a specific model of solar cooker. Organizations and users can expect to get unbiased, scientific information because the PEP test is based on an internationally accepted protocol that harmonizes with guidelines published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). To learn more about PEP testing and to watch SCI’s video demonstration, click here: https://www.solarcookers.org/work/research
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm