The 2020 SolarPower Summit comes at a turning point for the European Union.
Climate change has been outlined as one of the top priorities for the new European Commission under the presidency of Ursula von der Leyen, who took office on 1 December 2019. On 11 December, Von der Leyen announced the details of her European Green Deal, the European Commission’s new growth strategy for the EU economy, people and planet. It outlines a commitment to achieve climate neutrality by 2050 and sets a path for an energy and economy-wide transition that is just and socially fair.
The Green Deal will reflect lessons learned from Europe’s 2020 climate and energy framework – to further the opportunities the energy transition brings: creating local jobs, supporting the competitiveness of EU businesses and securing Europe’s industrial leadership in solar and renewables.
Join over 300 industry representatives from all major energy players, as well as SMEs and a range of decision-makers from across the EU and beyond to discuss the major strategic, political and market developments shaping the future of solar in Europe.
For more information and to register, visit: www.solarpowersummit.org #SolarPowerSummit
- Renewable Energy Pioneers submissions Closing 16th October
- Your voice counts! Join REN21’s collaborative process
- A gas-led economic recovery, what is Australia’s pro fossil-fuel government thinking?
- ISES holds first ever virtual EuroSun 2020 + EuroSun 2022 Request for Proposals
- Solar photovoltaic energy surpasses 3 gigawatts in large power plants in Brazil, ABSOLAR informs