March has been a record month for the solar PV industry in Spain, as it registered the highest PV power generation in Red Eléctrica de España’s records, the Spanish system operator. Compared to the data of March 2019, the power generated by solar PV last March has increased by 29,1%.
In 2019, a total of 4.158 MW of new solar PV capacity was added to the Spanish energy mix, a record figure for the sector, and the cumulative solar PV capacity reached a total of 8.623 MW.
According to Red Eléctrica de España, in 2019, solar PV technology accounted for 3,5% of the total power generated in Spain and this percentage is likely to increase in the near future. Up until March 2020, PV technology accounted for 4,1% of the total power generation.
This record data show that the Spanish PV industry has entered in a new era of growth and UNEF, the Spanish PV association, estimates that this positive trend will continue in the upcoming months, as new PV capacity is added to the system and a higher number of hours of sunlight will be available in summer months.
- Global Solar Council joins the Global Alliance For Sustainable Energy as a founding member
- GSC goes to COP26 to represent the global solar power sector and ensure progress towards a sustainable future
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) shares their impact in their newly released Annual Report
- Solar photovoltaic in Brazil surpasses a great milestone and the country enters to the select group of 10 GW operational, celebrates ABSOLAR
- Approval of the legal framework for solar energy brings legal security and unlocks investments in Brazil, says ABSOLAR
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm