On June 23rd, the Spanish Government has passed a Royal Decree that defines the regulatory framework in which the National Energy and Climate Plan will be implemented introducing specific measures that will help foster the development and growth of the PV sector.
This law defines a new renewable energy auction system that will award renewable capacity based on generation costs; introduces a reform in the access and connection regulation to give priority to actual projects and to eliminate speculation; streamlines the administrative process for utility-scale PV projects; defines new business models, such as energy communities, and announces new renewable energy auctions for the Canary Islands.
These measures will help contribute to boost the development of the Spanish PV sector, an industry that can play a key role in the country’s economic recovery by creating local and qualified jobs and by generating cheap and clean energy that can provide the national industries with a key competitive advantage.
- Global Solar Council joins the Global Alliance For Sustainable Energy as a founding member
- GSC goes to COP26 to represent the global solar power sector and ensure progress towards a sustainable future
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) shares their impact in their newly released Annual Report
- Solar photovoltaic in Brazil surpasses a great milestone and the country enters to the select group of 10 GW operational, celebrates ABSOLAR
- Approval of the legal framework for solar energy brings legal security and unlocks investments in Brazil, says ABSOLAR
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm