In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Virtual Conference, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50).
Initially SWC50 was to be held in Melbourne Australia from 2 – 4 December 2020; however, because of the uncertainty of possible travel restrictions for international participants due to the Coronavirus, ISES has cancelled the
face-to-face international conference. The face-to-face conference will be replaced by a series of virtual conferences which will include the same panel sessions that are being planned for this conference, as well as an online display that will be accessible online via the event website.
This alternative format also has the added benefits of reducing this event’s carbon footprint, increasing opportunities for participation, and providing additional visibility for our celebration partners and sponsors.
- Solar energy for water treatment: IBC SOLAR helps water authority become more sustainable
- Brazil reaches 500 thousand consumer units supplied by distributed solar PV, informs ABSOLAR
- Global renewables bodies call on Mexico’s government to restore the country’s transition to clean energy
- Photovoltaic energy, the new paradigm
- Government support is key to accelerating green recovery ambitions, Global Solar Council tells IRENA meetings
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm