In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Virtual Conference, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50).
Initially SWC50 was to be held in Melbourne Australia from 2 – 4 December 2020; however, because of the uncertainty of possible travel restrictions for international participants due to the Coronavirus, ISES has cancelled the
face-to-face international conference. The face-to-face conference will be replaced by a series of virtual conferences which will include the same panel sessions that are being planned for this conference, as well as an online display that will be accessible online via the event website.
This alternative format also has the added benefits of reducing this event’s carbon footprint, increasing opportunities for participation, and providing additional visibility for our celebration partners and sponsors.
- Long Term Contracting for Renewables and Synergic Use of Available Technologies Can Boost the Transition and Provide Security for Investors and Consumers
- Solar energy and War: many solar power plants have been destroyed in Ukraine
- ITALIA SOLARE Forum 2022 – Photovoltaics, geopolitics and energy democracy
- The energy sector in 2032: Between the being and the should be
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) Advocates at this year’s United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF)