In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Virtual Conference, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50).
Initially SWC50 was to be held in Melbourne Australia from 2 – 4 December 2020; however, because of the uncertainty of possible travel restrictions for international participants due to the Coronavirus, ISES has cancelled the
face-to-face international conference. The face-to-face conference will be replaced by a series of virtual conferences which will include the same panel sessions that are being planned for this conference, as well as an online display that will be accessible online via the event website.
This alternative format also has the added benefits of reducing this event’s carbon footprint, increasing opportunities for participation, and providing additional visibility for our celebration partners and sponsors.
- Solar PV is key for ASEAN decarbonization goals, with rooftop and floating gaining momentum
- Green solar power for Markt Ebensfeld
- Teresa Ribera announces at the 8th Solar Forum that the National Floating Photovoltaic Strategy is close to approval
- Look for Solar Cookers International at this year’s UN Climate Conference (COP26)
- Upcoming events on renewables – Join REN21 for engaging discussions
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm