In 1970 solar research pioneers met at the first International Solar Energy Society (ISES) Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
ISES is commemorating this Conference with a special 50th Anniversary Virtual Conference, called the Solar World Congress at 50 (SWC50).
Initially SWC50 was to be held in Melbourne Australia from 2 – 4 December 2020; however, because of the uncertainty of possible travel restrictions for international participants due to the Coronavirus, ISES has cancelled the
face-to-face international conference. The face-to-face conference will be replaced by a series of virtual conferences which will include the same panel sessions that are being planned for this conference, as well as an online display that will be accessible online via the event website.
This alternative format also has the added benefits of reducing this event’s carbon footprint, increasing opportunities for participation, and providing additional visibility for our celebration partners and sponsors.
- Sisyphus or the Struggle for the Obvious
- Grid and off-grid solar PV are essential to meet soaring Africa’s power needs and job potential
- Solar PV rapidly becoming protagonist in a world in transformation
- Global Solar Council’s 2nd Virtual Forum goes live on 8-9 July
- UNEF approves the launch of a Certificate of Excellence for sustainability and biodiversity conservation in photovoltaic plants
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm