As the new year begins, the Global Solar Council presents its new leadership. As foreseen by the recently approved By-laws, José Donoso, Director General at Union Espanola Fotovoltaica (UNEF), has taken office as the new Chairman for two years, replacing Gianni Chianetta who has been appointed by the board as CEO to ensure continuity. Máté Heisz, Head of International Cooperation at SolarPower Europe and currently Co-Chair of GSC, has been nominated Chair-elect.
“Solar power has proved to be a reliable resource for the economic recovery from the pandemic and key for combatting climate change. Governments need to adopt long-term strategies for the sustainable transition and actions to reduce administrative burdens. My goal as chairman will be to consolidate the role of the association as point of reference for all the value chain, promoting the rapid adoption of solar energy globally, through market development, partnerships and education.”
José Donoso, GSC Chairman
“It is an honour to be elected Chair-elect of the Global Solar Council. I look forward to working with all members of the GSC to grow the association further and make solar the leading source of energy of the near future. Today, the solar industry needs a single global voice more than ever before in order to successfully tackle the challenges related to COVID-19 and the climate crisis.” (Learn more)
Máté Heisz, GSC Chair-elect
“GSC aggregates associations and corporates around the world on the activities of the Strategy and Technical Committees, as well as of the Task Forces on emerging markets to scale up solar investments. Within these tables and in synergy with all relevant organizations, I will keep on stimulating and reinforce the debate at global level to converge on important topics such as policies, carbon pricing, quality and standards, R&D stimulation mechanisms and financial regulations.”
Gianni Chianetta, GSC CEO
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm