By the end of July the number of rooftop PV installations in Australia was a staggering 40 per cent greater than the same time last year. Even more phenomenal is the fact that 2019 was a record year in itself. The soaring uptake of solar PV is partly attributed to families working and schooling from home during the past few pandemic-filled months and realising the full benefits of having their own rooftop PV system. Given the rise in daily energy use among stay-at-home families (across Australia many offices and schools remain closed for the foreseeable future) solar PV makes more sense than ever. The decline in module prices is another consumer driver and market competition has been steep in recent months but how long this continues remains to be seen.
- Grid and off-grid solar PV are essential to meet soaring Africa’s power needs and job potential
- Solar PV rapidly becoming protagonist in a world in transformation
- Global Solar Council’s 2nd Virtual Forum goes live on 8-9 July
- UNEF approves the launch of a Certificate of Excellence for sustainability and biodiversity conservation in photovoltaic plants
- Solar photovoltaic surpasses 9 gigawatts in Brazil, with 270 thousand jobs and R$ 46 billion in investments, ABSOLAR informs
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm