REN21’s new collaborative reports spotlight key thematic areas in the shift to renewables:
- Effective and ambitious policies are needed to unlock the benefits renewable heating and cooling. IRENA, IEA and REN21 have released a report on the status of policies in the sector.
- What are the next steps to decarbonise road transport? REN21 and the FIA Foundation undertook an in-depth study on future pathways for renewables in transport.
- Growing shares of variable power generation mean it’s time to focus on power grid planning, and citizens can play an influential role. Find out how in the latest PAC project publication.
- Brazil becomes an official member of the International Solar Alliance – ISA
- Self-generation from Solar PV in Brazil exceeds 14 gigawatts of installed power and surpass e Itaipu, the world’s second largest hydropower plant
- The summer of collapse￼
- Despite Historic Consensus on Reparations, COP27 Misses the Root Cause of Loss and Damage
- Global Solar Council statement in relation to the draft text of the cover decisions of COP27 on Nov. 18 – 9am EET