The Spanish PV Association (UNEF) organized in Madrid on October 22nd-23rd the 6th edition of the Solar Forum, the annual event of the PV industry that gathered 700+ attendees from 13 countries during two days of conference and round-tables. The theme of the sixth edition of the event was “PV at the center of the energy model” and saw the participation of more than 60 national and international speakers.
Experts gathered at the event highlighted that PV is already the cheapest form to produce energy and its development represents an important opportunity to generate economic wealth and create local and quality employment, essential elements to guarantee a fair energy transition.
The Spanish National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan (NECP) defines some ambitious goals that the PV sector is prepared to meet, with the installation of PV at utility-scale and the promotion of distributed generation in the residential, agricultural and commercial industries, among others.
During the opening speech, the Minister for Ecological Transition, Teresa Ribera, has recognized the role of the Solar Forum as “a key meeting place where the main actors and professionals of the PV sector meet to discuss and find solutions aimed at integrating the needs of economic development with respect for the environment”.
The Minister also highlighted the increasing economic competitiveness of the PV, a technology that is prepared to take the lead of the energy transition, as well as the key role of self-consumption in putting citizens at the heart of the new energy model.
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm