The Spanish PV Association (UNEF) organized in Madrid on October 22nd-23rd the 6th edition of the Solar Forum, the annual event of the PV industry that gathered 700+ attendees from 13 countries during two days of conference and round-tables. The theme of the sixth edition of the event was “PV at the center of the energy model” and saw the participation of more than 60 national and international speakers.
Experts gathered at the event highlighted that PV is already the cheapest form to produce energy and its development represents an important opportunity to generate economic wealth and create local and quality employment, essential elements to guarantee a fair energy transition.
The Spanish National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan (NECP) defines some ambitious goals that the PV sector is prepared to meet, with the installation of PV at utility-scale and the promotion of distributed generation in the residential, agricultural and commercial industries, among others.
During the opening speech, the Minister for Ecological Transition, Teresa Ribera, has recognized the role of the Solar Forum as “a key meeting place where the main actors and professionals of the PV sector meet to discuss and find solutions aimed at integrating the needs of economic development with respect for the environment”.
The Minister also highlighted the increasing economic competitiveness of the PV, a technology that is prepared to take the lead of the energy transition, as well as the key role of self-consumption in putting citizens at the heart of the new energy model.
- ISES holds first ever virtual EuroSun 2020 + EuroSun 2022 Request for Proposals
- Solar photovoltaic energy surpasses 3 gigawatts in large power plants in Brazil, ABSOLAR informs
- Nine out of ten Brazilians want to generate their own energy and 84% consider the electricity bill too expensive
- How can solar PV development meet global development and climate change goals in tandem?
- Solar cooking – A transformative approach to advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals