The Spanish system operator, Red Eléctrica de España, released this week updated data about the evolution of the Spanish electricity mix in 2019.
Data show that the new PV capacity added last year
reached 4.159 MW, a record figure for the sector, and that the cumulative PV capacity
reached a total of 8.623 MW. Solar PV was the technology that experienced the
highest growth in 2019, with an increase of 93.2% (4.159 MW) compared to the
More general data about the electricity mix show that, at the end of 2019, the cumulative renewable energy capacity reached 54.457 MW, divided between wind power (46%), PV power (16%) and other renewable energy technologies (38%).
2019 marked a turning point in the transition of the Spanish electricity mix towards a sustainable energy model, as a total of 6.528 MW of new renewable energy capacity were added. Within this framework, green technologies now represent 52% of the total energy mix, which closed the year with a record figure of 104.8 GW.
- Global Solar Council joins the Global Alliance For Sustainable Energy as a founding member
- GSC goes to COP26 to represent the global solar power sector and ensure progress towards a sustainable future
- Solar Cookers International (SCI) shares their impact in their newly released Annual Report
- Solar photovoltaic in Brazil surpasses a great milestone and the country enters to the select group of 10 GW operational, celebrates ABSOLAR
- Approval of the legal framework for solar energy brings legal security and unlocks investments in Brazil, says ABSOLAR
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm