Solar Cookers International had the opportunity to advocate on behalf of solar cooking and the 3 billion people who continue to cook over open fires at the World Health Organization Pavilion at COP26. Learn how the adoption of clean household energy, particularly solar cooking, supports the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and reduces the health risks caused by indoor pollution. Special guest speakers include Rob Bailis, Senior Scientist at Stockholm Environment Institute, Dr. Peg Barratt, Professor of Applied Social Psychology at George Washington University, and Kendra Williams, Technical Officer at the World Health Organization.
Watch the recorded video here: https://www.solarcookers.org/about/blog/scis-world-health-organization-who-side-event-cop26
- GSC CEO Statement on COP28 Tripling Renewables Pledge
- Global Solar Council Appoints Sonia Dunlop as New CEO, Strengthening its Leadership to Drive Solar Power Growth
- Turning ambition into action: Key takeaways from New York Climate Week
- Global Solar Council calls for increased ambition and action at the 14th Clean Energy Ministerial
- GSC Statement on G20 India outcomes