After nearly two decades of outstanding leadership of Solar Energy as Editor-in-Chief, Prof Yogi Goswami (University of South Florida, Tampa, United States) has retired as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal.
The International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and Elsevier recently undertook an open search for a successor to Prof. Goswami and received many strong applications from the community.
We are pleased to announce that Prof Ranga Pitchumani (Virginia Tech, Falls Church, Virginia, United States) will step up from his current role as Subject Editor to lead the journal, as the next Editor-in-Chief.Prof Pitchumani is the George R. Goodson Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech, USA. At Virginia Tech, he directs the Advanced Materials and Technologies Laboratory, which focuses on research in the areas of energy and materials. From 2011–2015, Prof Pitchumani served in an invitational role as the Chief Scientist for the SunShot Initiative at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), where he was the founding director of the SunShot Concentrating Solar Power program and director of the Systems Integration program.
- Sisyphus or the Struggle for the Obvious
- Grid and off-grid solar PV are essential to meet soaring Africa’s power needs and job potential
- Solar PV rapidly becoming protagonist in a world in transformation
- Global Solar Council’s 2nd Virtual Forum goes live on 8-9 July
- UNEF approves the launch of a Certificate of Excellence for sustainability and biodiversity conservation in photovoltaic plants
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm