After nearly two decades of outstanding leadership of Solar Energy as Editor-in-Chief, Prof Yogi Goswami (University of South Florida, Tampa, United States) has retired as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal.
The International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and Elsevier recently undertook an open search for a successor to Prof. Goswami and received many strong applications from the community.
We are pleased to announce that Prof Ranga Pitchumani (Virginia Tech, Falls Church, Virginia, United States) will step up from his current role as Subject Editor to lead the journal, as the next Editor-in-Chief.Prof Pitchumani is the George R. Goodson Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech, USA. At Virginia Tech, he directs the Advanced Materials and Technologies Laboratory, which focuses on research in the areas of energy and materials. From 2011–2015, Prof Pitchumani served in an invitational role as the Chief Scientist for the SunShot Initiative at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), where he was the founding director of the SunShot Concentrating Solar Power program and director of the Systems Integration program.
- Solar PV is key for ASEAN decarbonization goals, with rooftop and floating gaining momentum
- Green solar power for Markt Ebensfeld
- Teresa Ribera announces at the 8th Solar Forum that the National Floating Photovoltaic Strategy is close to approval
- Look for Solar Cookers International at this year’s UN Climate Conference (COP26)
- Upcoming events on renewables – Join REN21 for engaging discussions
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm