After nearly two decades of outstanding leadership of Solar Energy as Editor-in-Chief, Prof Yogi Goswami (University of South Florida, Tampa, United States) has retired as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal.
The International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and Elsevier recently undertook an open search for a successor to Prof. Goswami and received many strong applications from the community.
We are pleased to announce that Prof Ranga Pitchumani (Virginia Tech, Falls Church, Virginia, United States) will step up from his current role as Subject Editor to lead the journal, as the next Editor-in-Chief.Prof Pitchumani is the George R. Goodson Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Tech, USA. At Virginia Tech, he directs the Advanced Materials and Technologies Laboratory, which focuses on research in the areas of energy and materials. From 2011–2015, Prof Pitchumani served in an invitational role as the Chief Scientist for the SunShot Initiative at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), where he was the founding director of the SunShot Concentrating Solar Power program and director of the Systems Integration program.
- Global renewables bodies call on Mexico’s government to restore the country’s transition to clean energy
- Photovoltaic energy, the new paradigm
- Government support is key to accelerating green recovery ambitions, Global Solar Council tells IRENA meetings
- Global Solar Council calls for sense of urgency in 2021 to speed transition to a green economy
- Spanish self-consumption shows its resilience and advances by 30%
March 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm