Experts from Solar Cookers International (SCI) attended the United Nations Conventions on Climate Change COP26 to urge governments, NGOs, investors, and scientists to recognize solar cooking as a powerful solution in global efforts to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions. While there, SCI advocated on behalf of solar cooking and the 3 billion people still cooking over open fires by holding seven press conferences featuring special guest speakers, three Side Events which included discussions at the World Health Organization and Cryosphere Pavilion, and so much more.
To see the highlights, click here:
- 2021 a banner year for solar power and GSC, eyes on 2022 for an even brighter year
- GSC rejects labelling nuclear and gas as green, calls on EU to concentrate on solar energy and other truly green sources
- Solar PV’s versatility can drive the energy transition in Latin America’s cities and make a real difference for people and climate
- Latin America eyes bright future with solar PV
- Science and Technology Policy Fellowship opportunity at the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office