Solar Cookers International (SCI) hosted a Side Event presentation at the United Nations High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) which is now available to watch here. It features SCI, the Public-Private Alliance Foundation (PPAF) and Konbit pou Developman Commune Kote de Fer (KDCK) showcasing solar cooking as a transformative approach in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The discussion and presentation of evidence include:
1) How solar cooking improves human and environmental health
2) How it has been integrated into a clean-cooking course at a University and in work at a children’s center in Haiti
3) How it can make an important contribution during the global crisis of COVID-19
Normally this event is held in-person in New York, with approximately 2,000 registered participants, approximately 125 heads of states, ministers, and high-level officials. SCI encourages governments and civil society organizations to include solar cooking in their policies and work. This year, SCI has made this premier advocacy event available for everyone to watch.
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm