Solar Cookers International continued to advocate at the United Nations Climate Dialogues virtual event which took place on December 2, 2020. In collaboration with The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC), SCI discussed solar cooking’s positive impacts for women and the environment.
Of the 3 billion people cooking over open fires, women bear the primary burdens in negative health effects, premature deaths, and time, effort, and risks for gender-based violence while collecting fuel. Solar cooking is an ideal solution to that and a relevant intersection of gender and the environment. Special guest speakers included: SCI Executive Director Caitlyn Hughes, SCI Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D., SCI Global Advisor Dr. Janak Palta McGilligan, and WGC’s Anne Barre.
- The next generation of solar Ultra hybrid Bi Facials panels
- Solar Cookers International Advocates for Women’s Empowerment with Solar Cooking
- NSEFI-MI-IWPA to conduct a Technical Knowledge Webinar on Green Hydrogen and Green Methanol
- National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), SolarPower Europe and PVCycle joint report on PV Waste Management launched.
- Pranav R Mehta, Chairman, National Solar Energy Federation of India, and Past Chairman, Global Solar Council nominated to the Advisory Committee of India’s Federal Electricity Regulatory Commission
May 10 @ 8:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm