Solar Cookers International continued to advocate at the United Nations Climate Dialogues virtual event which took place on December 2, 2020. In collaboration with The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC), SCI discussed solar cooking’s positive impacts for women and the environment.
Of the 3 billion people cooking over open fires, women bear the primary burdens in negative health effects, premature deaths, and time, effort, and risks for gender-based violence while collecting fuel. Solar cooking is an ideal solution to that and a relevant intersection of gender and the environment. Special guest speakers included: SCI Executive Director Caitlyn Hughes, SCI Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D., SCI Global Advisor Dr. Janak Palta McGilligan, and WGC’s Anne Barre.
- Solar PV is key for ASEAN decarbonization goals, with rooftop and floating gaining momentum
- Green solar power for Markt Ebensfeld
- Teresa Ribera announces at the 8th Solar Forum that the National Floating Photovoltaic Strategy is close to approval
- Look for Solar Cookers International at this year’s UN Climate Conference (COP26)
- Upcoming events on renewables – Join REN21 for engaging discussions
October 25 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm